EXCURSION TO PRAIA DO FORTE AND SHOPPING IN RUA DOS BIQUINIS
A pleasant excursion to discover Cabo Frio, a must for sea and sunshine lovers, but also famous for its trendy boutiques and shopping. From the famous white sandy beach of Praia do Forte to Rua dos Biquínis, we get a glimpse of the authentic Brazilian lifestyle.
What we will see
- Praia do Forte: crystal-clear waters and white sandy beaches
- São Matheus Fort
- Lively centre of Cabo Frio with trendy boutiques
- Free time for some shopping in the famous Rua dos Biquínis
What we will do
- We start our excursion visiting the famous Praia do Forte, famous for its crystal-clear waters and white sandy beaches stretching over 7.5 km.
- We then move on as far as São Matheus Fort, located on the eastern tip of Praia do Forte and built between 1616 and 1620 by the Portuguese against the British, French and Dutch invasions. The fort represents one of the oldest colonial architectural buildings in Latin-America with a defensive purpose.
- We head to Cabo Frio, a city steeped in history, trendy boutiques and marvellous beaches - a must for sun lovers. Originally known as Santa Helena de Cabo Frio (Cold Cape) by the Portuguese who founded it in 1615, the city owes its name to the cold underwater currents coming from the Atlantic and reaching the coast. We venture into the lively historic city centre where we can go for a delightful walk to admire the buildings and catch a glimpse of the authentic Brazilian lifestyle.
- Before returning to the port, we have some free time available to indulge in some shopping in the trendy boutiques on the famous crowded Rua dos Biquínis, "bikini street".
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.