Rio de Janeiro
SUGARLOAF MOUNTAIN (Excursion included in the World Cruise fare)
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
The splendid Sugarloaf Mountain is one of the symbols of Rio. We climb to the top with a fun cable car ride and admire the breathtaking views that open up in front of us.
What we will see
- Flamengo park
- Botafogo beach
- Praia Vermelha
- Sugarloaf Mountain
- Urca hill
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us and begin exploring the city. The route gives us the opportunity of admiring Flamengo Park and Botafogo beach before reaching Praia Vermelha in the Urca neighbourhood.
- A funicular cable ride takes us up to the Sugarloaf Mountain, the most famous in Rio de Janeiro and maybe among the most famous in the world for its beauty and the spectacular view that can be enjoyed from the top.
- Our climb is divided into two stages . After the first, we reach Urca hill with its gardens and panoramic terraces; after the second, we can enjoy a spectacular view over the city, its beaches, Guanabara bay and the Corcovado on the horizon.
- After admiring the breathtaking views, there is yet more to see. We head back to the coach and continue towards Copacabana before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- The panoramic view may be cancelled in the event of adverse weather conditions.
- When busy, cable car waiting times may be longer.