Rio de Janeiro
THE BEST OF RIO (only for guests disembarking here)
Sightseeing, Meal included
We will discover the most picturesque points and iconic symbols of Rio de Janeiro and Brazil: from the famous Ipanema and Copacabana beaches to the statue of Christ the Redeemer at the top of Mount Corcovado, passing through historic streets and districts that reflect the spirit of this immense country.
What we will see
- Avenida Rio Branco
- Municipal Theatre
- Ipanema and Copacabana beaches
- Lunch at a restaurant
- Cosme Velho district
- Train ride up Mount Corcovado
- Christ the Redeemer statue: breath-taking views
What we will do
- After leaving the port by coach, we will travel along Avenida Rio Branco, the main road through Rio de Janeiro. 1,800 metres long, it was opened in 1905 as part of the urban renewal policy implemented by the mayor, Francisco Pereira Passos. We will pass the Municipal Theatre (built in the early 20th century and inspired by the Garnier opera house in Paris) and continue on to the famous Ipanema and Copacabana beaches.
- A delicious lunch will be waiting for us at a restaurant in the area, where we can choose from a wide selection of grilled meat, salads, typical hot and cold Brazilian dishes and even Japanese food.
- In the afternoon, our tour will continue with a visit to the historic Cosme Velho district, which lies at the foot of Mount Corcovado. Amidst Neo-Colonial homes and secret gardens, the beauty of this area south of Rio lies in the rustic views and age-old charm of the colourful houses.
- When we reach the station, we will board the little train that will take us up to the top of Mount Corcovado, famous in Brazil and across the world for the statue of Christ the Redeemer. With its Art Deco style, the statue is 38 metres tall, weighs 1,145 tonnes, stands 700 metres above sea level, towering over the city and the bay, and in 2007 it was included as one of the new seven wonders of the world. It is the iconic symbol of Rio and Brazil and represents Christ the Redeemer embracing humanity.
- At the foot of the statue we will be greeted by breath-taking 360° views of the entire city, its beaches, Guanabara bay, the centre, Sugarloaf Mountain, lakes and the various districts.
- Then we will travel back down Mount Corcovado and get back on the coach, which will take us to the airport.
What you need to know
- This excursion is only available for passengers catching flights that depart from Rio de Janeiro airport after 19:00.