Rio de Janeiro
EXCURSION TO CORCOVADO MOUNTAIN (ends at the airport)
Sightseeing, Lunch not included
It is impossible to go to Rio without dedicating a few hours to visiting Corcovado mountain and its famous statue of Christ the Redeemer overlooking the city from 709 metres above sea level.
What we will see
- Corcovado mountain
- Statue of Christ the Redeemer
- Tijuca Forest
What we will do
- After leaving the port, we head towards Laranjeiras passing through the city centre. Once at the Cosme Velho station, we board the train which takes us to the top of Corcovado mountain at the base of the statue of Christ the Redeemer.
- The statue, the most important symbol of Rio de Janeiro, weighs 1145 tons, it is made of stone and cement and is 30 metres high. It is located on an 8-metre-high pedestal on top of a mountain at 709 metres above-sea-level. We enjoy the amazing 360° view of the city, beaches, Guanabara bay and Pão de Açucar (Sugarloaf Mountain).
- On our way down, we pass through the Tijuca forest, where we can admire the fantastic vegetation of one the largest urban natural reserves in Brazil.
- At the end of the visit we'll head to the airport.
What you need to know
- The transfer to Corcovado mountain takes approximately 20 minutes.
- When busy, train waiting times may be longer.
- Lifts and escalators to the statue are not active in the event of adverse weather conditions.
- The panoramic view may be cancelled in the event of adverse weather conditions.
- Should the train stations be very busy, transfers may be carried out by coach.
- This tour is suitable for disembarking guests whose flights depart after 4.00pm.