Rio de Janeiro
TO SUGARLOAF MOUNTAIN BY CABLE CAR AND RELAXING AT COPACABANA
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Swimming
The views of Rio de Janeiro, with its urban areas dotted by green hills and surrounded by the blue sea, are among the most picturesque in the world. We will appreciate them in all their glory with a fun excursion by cable car, after which we will explore one of the city's greatest attractions: the fabulous Copacabana beach
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the city centre
- Urca Hill
- Sugarloaf Mountain
- Free time at Copacabana
What we will do
- We will leave the harbour behind us to enjoy a sightseeing tour of the city centre. The route takes us past Flamengo Park and Botafogo beach, before reaching Praia Vermelha in the Urca district.
- From here, the cable car transports us to Sugarloaf Mountain, the most famous mountain in Rio de Janeiro, and perhaps the best known in the world for its beauty and the magnificent view it offers to its visitors.
- Our ride on the funicular railway is divided into two sections: after the first we arrive at the Urca Hill, full of gardens and panoramic balconies; after the second we enjoy a spectacular view of the city, with its beaches, Guanabara Bay, and Corcovado mountain on the horizon.
- After admiring the breathtaking view we return to the coach and continue to Copacabana, where we have free time to do what we like in this famous location.
- One of the city's most interesting districts, Copacabana is a fascinating blend of ancient and modern, with its narrow streets and old-fashioned shops inland, on which stand the luxury hotels lined up along the beach.
- The beach, bordered by a pavement famous for its black and white wave shaped ornamental motifs, is a paradise for swimmers with its 4 km spectacular crescent of white sand lapped by the ocean, always crowded with tourists and residents, inevitably seduced by its charm.
What you need to know
- In the event of bad weather, there may be less sightseeing.
- If there are lots of people at the stations, there could be a bit of a delay before we get on the cable car.
- The tour fee includes transfer from the port to the beach (round trip), with a guide during the coach trip, but not lunch.
- Don't forget a swimsuit, towel and sun cream. In the event of bad weather the tour may be cancelled.