CATAMARAN EXCURSION TO THE AYSÉN FJORD
Nature excursion, Drink included
The Aysén fjord will enchant us with its spectacular scenery, views of the Maca volcano, the Cinco Hermanas natural monument and a myriad of islands with their lush greenery populated by sea lions and cormorants. A relaxing yet fascinating excursion aboard a comfortable catamaran.
What we will see
- Catamaran sailing, Aysén fjord
- Cinco Hermanas, Maca volcano
- Pilcomayo channel, sea lions, Carmen island, Partida island
What we will do
- Aboard a comfortable motor catamaran, we start our excursion along the Aysén fjord surrounded by a wonderful panorama. From our boat, we can spot some salmon farms, as breeding is a very popular activity in the region (Chile is the second exporter of salmon in the world after Norway).
- We reach Cinco Hermanas, a 228-hectare natural monument made up of six islands with lush greenery populated by colonies of cormorants and sea lions. Weather permitting and with a bit of luck, we may even spot the snowy peak of the Maca volcano, one of the most spectacular in Patagonia.
- While entering the Pilcomayo channel, we have the unique opportunity of admiring a colony of lovely lazy sea lions. On the way back to our ship, we sail past the charming islands of Carmen and Partida with their relaxing green fields.
What you need to know
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed as the species described live freely in the wild.
- The itinerary may be subject to change without prior warning dependent on weather and/or sea conditions.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.