DISCOVER UBATUBA'S CULTURAL HERITAGE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping
Walk along the streets of Ubatuba to admire the city’s main monuments, discover its history and enjoy magnificent views. We end our excursion in a renowned café.
What we will see
- Tour of Ubatuba
- Praça da Baleia
- Praça Trópico de Capricórnio
- Casarão do Porto
- Praia do Perequê Açu
- Igreja Matriz
- Tachão de Ubatuba café
What we will do
- We leave the port behind together with our guide and go on a tour of Ubatuba, a charming seaside city surrounded by lush rainforest.
- We head to Praça da Baleia, a popular square with the enormous skeleton of a whale that beached many years ago on Praia Grande.
- We continue towards Praça Trópico de Capricórnio where a monument was built to mark exactly the spot where the Tropic of Capricorn passes through the city, which is the first in all Brazil to be kissed by sunlight during the summer solstice.
- We pass by Casarão do Porto, an imposing building dating back to the mid-19th century and the last remaining architectural vestige of the golden era of coffee cultivation.
- From here, we reach Praia do Perequê Açu, an enchanting beach north of the city, and Igreja Matriz with its striking deep blue profiles and ochre stuccoes.
- We end our excursion with a stop in Tachão de Ubatuba, a café where we can savour delicious Brazilian desserts.
What you need to know