TOUR OF PUNTA DEL ESTE
Sightseeing, Shopping, Lunch not included
Discover Punta del Este, also known as Queen of Summer, a Latin American beach resort famous for its nightlife and cultural offer. A popular holiday destination for VIPs and rich entrepreneurs, it presents a unique combination of urban life and nature.
What we will see
- Playa Mansa
- Playa Brava
- Residential neighbourhoods and villas
- Avenida Gorlero
- Punta Ballena
What we will do
- We leave the port behing us and drive approx. 85 miles east towards Punta del Este, one of the finest resorts in South America where Hollywood-style villas are surrounded by nature.
- We admire Punta del Este avenue and the magnificent Playa Mansa and Playa Brava. The names of the beaches reflect their characteristics: the former is mansa, i.e. tranquil with calm waters, while the latter is brava, i.e. wild and most roughest waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
- We reach Punta del Este, also known as Queen of Summer, a world-famous Latin American beach resort. A meeting place for the jet set and a nightlife capital.
- We leave the port behind us and stroll through the neighbourhoods of San Rafael, Cantegril, Parque Golf and Beverly neighbourhoods, elegant and fashionable areas where rich entrepreneurs host their parties thanks to casinos, restaurants, dozens of pubs and discos and mega-shows. Architecture, sea and woods are what give this place its unique personality, making it stand out from other tourist destinations worldwide.
- At lunchtime, we have some free time to stroll along Avenida Gorlero, a long street lined with bars, restaurants and shops and therefore ideal to grab a bite to eat or do some shopping. If we want to sunbathe instead, we can take advantage of some wonderful exotic white sandy beaches.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Free time for lunch, at downtown area ( Gorlero Avenue ), for doing some shopping or sunbathing on the beach.