VALDÉS PENINSULA, ESTANCIA SAN LORENZO AND PUNTA NORTE RESERVE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Meal included
A full day surrounded by nature to admire cute penguins, elephant seals, sea lions as well as the many birds that populate these natural landscapes, among the most fascinating and unspoilt in the world. An unforgettable tour for young and old alike!
What we will see
- Valdés Peninsula, visitor centre, fauna, flora
- Estancia San Lorenzo, penguin colony
- Lunch, Patagonian asado
- Punta Norte reserve, elephant seals, seal lions
What we will do
- We set off by coach towards the Valdés Peninsula, one of the most beautiful nature reserves in South America. Most of the peninsula is made up by dry land with a few salt-water lakes, the largest of which is located 40 metres below sea level. Up until a few years ago, it was considered the lowest point in Argentina and in the entire continent. Upon entering the reserve, the Visitor centre informs us about the flora, fauna, geography and history of the region.
- We then continue our excursion at Estancia San Lorenzo, in the north-western side of the peninsula. This farm covers 5,134 hectares along 5,300 metres of coast and is located in a protected area of the Valdés Peninsula. It is home to a colony of 500,000 Magellanic penguins, which we will have the chance to observe up close. The pingüinera trail takes us to a viewpoint 100 metres from the closest point to the sea. Along the way, our guide will provide numerous information on penguins as well as on the many species of sea birds and flora and fauna that can be spotted in this amazing location.
- A delicious *Patagonian asado, the region's traditional lamb grill, awaits us back at the farm.
- The last stop on our excursion is the Punta Norte reserve. From the viewpoint, we can see one of the largest colonies of sea lions and elephant seals in the peninsula.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.