DISCOVERING THE ATOLLS OF NOSY BE BY CATAMARAN
Swimming, Meal included
We sail south on board a catamaran to admire the enchanting beauty of three atolls that will take our breath away with their postcard-perfect views. During our stops, we'll have time for relax on the beach and to visit a village and its typical local craft market.
What we will see
- Nosy Komba and craft market
- Lemur park
- Petit Iranja
- Relaxing on the beach
- Nosy Vorona
What we will do
- Having taken the ship's tender to the dock of Nosy Be, we take a short trip on small local boats to board a catamaran, heading straight for the archipelago to the south of Nosy Be.
- We sail towards Nosy Komba where we find a small village with an evocative market of hand-made items. Having crossed the village, it's a pleasant walk to the lemur park. These graceful animals are a very rare species of primate, present in the wild only in Madagascar and the Comoros Islands. In the park we'll have the opportunity to admire some captive examples of the chameleons, boa constrictors and tortoises that populate the island.
- With a pang of nostalgia and an overwhelming desire to return, we leave Nosy Komba to head towards the fabulous atoll of Petit Iranja, a crescent of white coral sand and black volcanic rock that rises out of the crystal-clear waters at low tide. We stop here for a relaxing visit to stroll along the beach, plunge into the crystal-clear water for a relaxing swim, discover the rich coral reef and be inspired to take beautiful photos to immortalize this wild paradise.
- Our last stop will be Nosy Vorona, a tiny remote island where we can enjoy a local tasty lunch.
What you need to know
- Transport and facilities in Madagascar are not necessarily of the standard usually found in developed countries.
- The departure or our return will take place from alongside or from the pier depending on the weather and sea conditions.?
- The local boats used in this excursion are generally quite small, so there is a risk that participants will get wet.
- To participate in this excursion you must be able to swim.
- The colour of the water, and visibility, may vary depending on the weather.
- Don't forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.