Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius: this excursion takes us to the heart of the city to discover its hidden secrets
Jewels, from the monument of Marie Reine de la Paix, an open church, which was visited by Pope John Paul II in 1989, to the famous botanical gardens, some of the oldest in the world, with a magnificent colonial mansion and leisure in the central Caudan Waterfront.
What we will see
- Marie Reine de la Paix
- Tamil Temple
- Pamplemousses Botanical Gardens
- Château de Labourdonnais
- Caudan Waterfront (free time)
What we will do
- You start your journey at Marie Reine de la Paix, an open church visited by the Pope John-Paul II in 1989, with a beautiful panoramic view of the capital Port-Louis. You will then drive in the bustling city where you will find the Cathedral of St-Louis, the Supreme Court, the old Theatre, the Parliament, the Prime Minister Office, the Government House, the ancient Jummah Mosque and China Town.
- Your next stop will be the Kaylason Tamil Temple where you will be able to take some beautiful pictures of the colourful temple. Leaving the Abercombi village, you will proceed to Pamplemousses Botanical Garden and visit one of the oldest garden in the Southern Hemisphere.
- You will end the tour with the visit of Le Château de Labourdonnais, an old colonial house. Before returning to the ship, you will enjoy free time at the Caudan Waterfront.
What you need to know
- There are a limited number of English speaking guides; should no guides be available excursions will be led in French.
- Places on this excursion are limited.
- We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- The local vehicles used in this excursion are small in size and are not equipped with air-conditioning.
- For religious or cultural reasons if any places of worship or palaces are closed the visit will be conducted externally.