RELAXATION AND PEACE IN SALALAH
An excursion to discover Salalah, a city in south Oman, which holds natural beauty, particularly in the Khareef (spring/summer) season, when the region is affected by the annual monsoon, transforming it into a luxury garden with streams and waterfalls.
What we will see
- The city of Salalah
- Archaeological site of Al-Balid
- Shanfari Mosque (outside)
- Al Husn Souk
- Site of the 14 camel-hoof-shaped prints of the She-Camel of the Prophet Salih
- Al Husn Palace
What we will do
- Capital of the region of Dhofar, former kingdom of Queen Saba, in south Oman, Salalah is known as the perfume capital. Located along the incense trail, it is a jewel tucked away between the blue of the Indian Ocean and the unexpected deep green of its mountains.
- Our half-day excursion to Salalah, an important place even in terms of its historic and archaeological outline, begins with a visit to the archaeological site of Al-Balid, which houses elements attesting the cultural, historic and archaeological heritage of the entire region.
- We will then head to the Shanfari Mosque visiting the outside and stop to take photographs.
- We will continue our tour to Al Husn Souk, the old, evocative market where incense, materials, gold and silver are sold.
- Subsequently, we will visit the site of the 14 camel-hoof-shaped prints of the She-Camel of the Prophet Salih.
- Finally, we will pass by the Al Husn Palace, the summer residency of His Highness, Sultan Qaboos.
What you need to know
- Dollars are accepted in the souk.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- The excursion may take place in the morning or afternoon.
- On Thursdays, Fridays and national holidays, museums, mosques, archaeological sites and shops may be closed without warning.