DISCOVERY: SPIRITUALITY IN GOA
A deeply spiritual excursion that will show us the rich variety of religions and places of worship in this small state, on a journey that will takes us to churches, temples and mosques.
What we will see
- Church of Saint Cajetan
- Shantadurga Temple
- Safa Masjid Mosque
What we will do
- Our excursion will start with a visit to the Church of Saint Cajetan, which was modelled on Saint Peter's in Rome and built by Italian monks from the Order of the Theatines in 1655.
- In keeping with our spiritual theme, we will visit one of the most famous temples in Goa, Shantadurga, which is dedicated to the goddess of peace, Durga and dates back to the 18th century.
- After Shantadurga, the largest and most famous mosque in the whole of Goa awaits us. Known as Safa Masjid or simply "The Mosque", it was built in 1560 by Ibrahim Adil Shah di Bijapur. Next to the mosque lies a large masonry water tank with small chambers along one side with "mehrab" designs.
What you need to know
- The order of the visits may be subject to change.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- Shoes must be removed and socks must be worn to visit the temple.
- It is not permitted to take photos or videos inside the temple.
- Only men are allowed to enter the mosque.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.