THE PEARLS OF PHUKET AND FOLKLORE SHOW (Excursion included in the World Cruise fare)
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping
This tour includes a sightseeing tour of the island, trips to Phuket's major attractions, a spectacular folklore show and the orchid nursery within the Thai village.
What we will see
- Wat Chaiyathararam
- Phuket Thai Village
- Folklore show
What we will do
- After a short journey, we will visit one of the island's most loved temples, Wat Chaiyathararam or Wat Chalong. Inside, there are depictions of the three famous monks, who, according to tradition, had supernatural powers. Inside, we will also find the statue of Luang Pho Cham, the abbot, who in 1876, during the reign of Rama V, helped put down the rebellion led by Chinese labourers, known as Angyeee.
- Not far from the Buddhist temple, we will find Phuket Thai Village for enjoying a traditional folklore show, which presents local traditions and customs.
What you need to know
- It is not necessary to book this tour since it is included in the price of your cruise.
- Appropriate clothing is recommended to enter temples and places of worship; when visiting the temple shoes should be removed and socks should be worn; shoulders and legs should be covered when visiting the temple.
- Don't forget to bring mosquitoes repellent.