THE TEMPLES OF PHUKET
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping, Meal included
The island of Phuket has a rich religious heritage characterised by extremely varied temples and sanctuaries which create a fascinating architectural contrast which must be discovered
What we will see
- Temple of Jui Tui
- Wat Phra Thong
- Visit to the beaches on the west coastline
- Promthep Cape
- Wat Chalong
- Thai lunch
What we will do
- Our excursion begins at the temple of Jui Tui, a typically Chinese temple, the architectural style of which is notably different from the Thai style, which constantly attracts believers, eager to have their future read.
- We will then move onto the Buddhist temple of Wat Phra Thong or Wat Phra Phud, where we can admire the famous half-buried golden Buddha statue.
- Continuing along the magical road along the island's western coastline, we pass the amazing beaches of Kamala, Patong, Kata and Karon** to arrive at the island's southern high point.
- From Promthep Cape it is possible to take some photos and take in the splendid views of the surrounding islands, the marvellous beach of Nai Harn and the windmills.
- Our final visit takes us to Wat Chalong, Phuket's most famous temple, which according to the Thai people, protects the island from evil. Inside, there are bronze depictions of the three famous monks, who are greatly respected by the inhabitants of Phuket: Luang Por Chaem, Luang Por Kleam and Luang Por Chuang.
- Once lunch time arrives, we will head to a Thai restaurant where we can sample exquisite, typical, local dishes.
- Now that we are full, we can do some shopping and purchase local handicrafts, pewter items, wood sculptures, Thai silk, pearls and rocks.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- You must remove footwear and wear socks to enter the Temple. Legs and shoulders must be covered.
- We recommend bringing insect repellent.