PANORAMIC TOUR OF SINGAPORE WITH A VISIT TO THE ZOO (ending at the airport)
Nature excursion, Cultural, Entertainment, Meal included
In addition to being a city with a rich historic and cultural legacy, Singapore is also a city where the local and non-local flora and fauna are protected and promoted in two beautiful parks that we visit during a panoramic tour of this dynamic city.
What we will see
- Visit to zoological garden
- Show at zoo
- Singapore Botanic Gardens
- Little India
- Arab Street and the Sultan Mosque
- Colonial area
- Singapore City Gallery
- Lunch included
What we will do
- Our tour begins in the morning with a panoramic tour of the northern part of the island, which will take us to one of the city's most interesting attractions: Singapore's zoological garden. The zoological park stretches across 26 hectares of the dense tropical forest of Mandai, where more than 2,800 animals belonging to more than 300 species of mammals, birds and reptiles live in a protected environment which was designed to match their natural habitat as closely as possible. Comfortably seated in a mini electric train, we soon see some very interesting animals: owls, gibbons, binturongs and spider monkeys.
- We then have some free time to see other species before watching a show in the amphitheatre where the main actors are the animals themselves.
- Our next stop after the zoo is at the Singapore Botanic Gardens, which boast the largest collection of orchids in the world and 60,000 plant types exhibited in a natural setting.
- We then go back to the city centre for lunch to discover the local Chinese cuisine.
- After lunch we stop briefly in the lively neighbourhood of Little India and then proceed by coach crossing Arab Street to see the Sultan Mosque with its majestic gold dome.
- Our next stop is the colonial area, where we have a brief photo stop before going to Chinatown, where we witness the coexistence of different religions and cultures in the same city, literally side by side.
- Our interesting discovery tour of Singapore ends with a visit to the Singapore City Gallery, where you can see how the city has been transformed over the past 50 years through a multi-sensory experience, following which we then return to the cruise liner terminal.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Comfortable footwear and casual clothing are recommended.
- On the mini train ride at the zoo and during the show in the amphitheatre information will only be provided in English.
- This excursion ends at the airport and is only available to disembarking guests whose flights depart after 19:00 hrs.