DISCOVER SINGAPORE'S CULTURAL HERITAGE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping, Meal included
With its long history of immigration, Singapore is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world: an interesting excursion upon the discovery of its multifaceted cultural and religious elements, amongst temples, mosques and lively ethnic areas
What we will see
- Temple of Thian Hock Keng
- Singapore City Gallery
- Little India
- Arab Street
- Sultan Mosque
- Lunch included
What we will do
- Our tour begins with a visit to the temple of Thian Hock Keng. Built in 1921 by some Chinese fishermen as an offertory to the God of the Sea, Ma Zu who watched over their crossings, its architectural style is based upon the traditional southern Chinese style. An examination of the temple structure and the wood sculptures demonstrates that the temple was assembled without the use of nails.
- The nest stage will take us to Chinatown, where we can discover how different cultures and religions live together... literally side by side: a mosque next to an Indian temple right in the middle of Chinatown is not a major deal! We will have some free time to visit old stores which have been restored and Singapore City Gallery*, where a multisensory experience, will present how the city has transformed over the past 50 years.
- At the end of the visit, we have some time for shopping and tasting local delicacies with a delicious lunch in a Chinese restaurant.
- On a full stomach and restored, we will head to Little India, where every section of this colourful area is a hive of activity. Little India homes the local Indian community, and strolling along the roads, we will take in a flood of aromas, spices and take in a kaleidoscope of colour, sounds and scents. Here we will find all sorts of merchandise, Indian silk, brassware and wood sculptures.
- Our tour ends on Arab Street and Kampong Glam where we will visit our final location: the majestic Sultan Mosque with its spectacular gold domed roof.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Comfortable shoes and sportswear are recommended.
- The excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark in Singapore.