AN UNMISSABLE VISIT TO HONG KONG
Sightseeing, Shopping, Lunch not included
The magic of Hong Kong in its unique blend of ancient and modern, typical of Chinese culture, is a must for anyone travelling all the way to the Far East. Breathtaking views, the lively atmosphere of a market, fine pieces of jewellery and a historic port where time seems to stand still: we see a little of everything, but especially the most typical and picturesque aspects of the place.
What we will see
- Victoria Peak
- Stanley Market
- Jewellery factory
- Boat ride aboard a sampan
What we will do
- Our first stop is Victoria Peak, the highest summit of the island of Hong Kong. Its name in Chinese is Tai Ping Shan meaning "Peace Hill"
- Offering a panoramic view of the whole Bay of Hong Kong it is a big attraction for tourists from all over the world. If weather conditions permit we can enjoy a unique view, assisted also by the many telescopes conveniently dotted around at various points.
- Returning to the city, we head to the famous Stanley Market, one of the main markets where we can find Chinese works of art, collectors items in silk and many other original and interesting curiosities.
- Our tour then stops off at one of the largest of jewellery factories in Hong Kong, where specialist designers create new models and artistic productions of special beauty, embellished with multiple varieties of semiprecious stones.
- Then we head to the island's southern coast to visit the Aberdeen, area, which comprises a port, the town and an island, all bearing the same name. Much of the population, especially immigrants from China, live and work on junks anchored in the harbour.
- We too, climb aboard a sampan, a typical small wooden boat, and sail through the narrow waterways to admire the town and its frenetic activity from this perspective.
What you need to know
- Space is limited, so be sure to book early.
- There are a limited number of Italian speaking guides; in their absence, the excursion will be conducted in English.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- It is best to wear comfortable shoes.
- The excursion is for guests not disembarking in Hong Kong.