FASCINATING JOURNEY TO DISCOVER THE MANY SIDES OF HONG KONG
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping, Meal included
Hong Kong is not just skyscrapers and modernity, as this small island is home to hidden gems and unexpected places: a picturesque district where the locals live and work on colourful boats moored in the harbour, an extraordinary jewellery factory where creativity is the order of the day, a lively traditional market, a dashing shopping street and a culinary trip through an array of typical flavours. All of this is Hong Kong!
What we will see
- Victoria Peak, the highest peak in Hong Kong
- Picturesque Aberdeen district built on water
- Cruise along the canals on a sampan
- Trip into Chinese cuisine: the traditional dim sum
- Visit to the largest jewellery factory in Hong Kong
- Exclusive area of Repulse Bay
- Shopping in Stanley Market: objects and souvenirs of all kind
- Visit to Man Mo temple
- Shopping on Hollywood Road
What we will do
- We set off on our journey to discover amazing Hong Kong by climbing to the top of Victoria Peak, the highest peak on the island offering amazing panoramic views over the bay of Hong Kong with its glistening skyscrapers, the Kowlook peninsula beyond the strait and the green hills in the distance.
- Our next stop is the picturesque district of Aberdeen where good part of the population, mainly emigrated from China, lives and works on the boats moored in the harbour.
- We get on a sampan, a typical small wooden boat, and proceed along the narrow canals to admire the city and its busy life from a new perspective.
- Once off the boat, we sit at the table to enjoy a traditional dim sum lunch, a sort of Chinese brunch featuring a vast rage of light dishes served with tea.
- We then visit the largest jewellery factory in Hong Kong where skilled designers create new models and pieces of extreme beauty made even more exquisite by an array of semi-precious stones.
- We move on to the elegant Repulse Bay, one of the busiest and most popular beaches in Hong Kong surrounded by modern buildings erected under the watchful eye of the imposing statues of two Taoist divinities overlooking the bay.
- We continue with the famous Stanley Market, a large covered market located in the southern tip of Hong Kong. Here, we have some free time available to enjoy a spot of shopping as we browse among fashionable clothes, souvenirs, handicrafts and much more.
- We also visit the Man Mo temple, one of the most ancient and famous in Hong Kong dedicated to the gods of war and literature. Many people visit it to ask to do well in school or to resolve disputes.
- We end our excursion with a walk at our own leisure along Hollywood Road, filled with shops selling bric-a-brac, ancient objects and local handicrafts and where we can indulge in some more shopping before getting back to the ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.