THE MANY FACES OF DUBAI, WITH LUNCH AT THE BURJ AL ARAB
Cultural, Meal included
Dubai, the second largest of the seven emirates, is an extraordinary blend of East and West, a rich potpourri of eastern charm and western modernity. A tour of the many faces of the city, with a wonderful panoramic view of the city from the Burj Khalifa and a delicious meal at the Burj al Arab hotel
What we will see
- Jumeirah Mosque
- Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Marina
- Palm Jumeirah
- Atlantis Hotel
- Lunch at the Burj Al Arab hotel
- Shopping at the Souk Madinat Jumeirah
- Al Fahidi Fort
What we will do
- Our first stop is outside the Jumeirah mosque, a magnificent example of modern Islamic architecture that we can immortalise in stunning photographs.
- It was the Jumeirah mosque that gave architect Adrian Smith the inspiration for the Burj Khalifa, the next stop on our tour. The Burj Khalifa is the tallest skyscraper in the world and is the centrepiece of a lively district of hotels, shops and all kinds of other entertainment attractions.
- Our visit to the skyscraper will begin at the reception on the ground floor with a multimedia presentation on the fascinating history of Dubai and the Burj Khalifa.
- From the reception, we take an exhilarating ride in the lift at a speed of 10 metres per second, up to the 124th floor where we can admire the 360° panoramic view of the city, the desert and the ocean.
- With our feet firmly back on the ground, our tour continues at the Dubai Marina, where we can admire Dubai's skyline with over 200 skyscrapers.
- Back on our coach we then drive through the main thoroughfare of Palm Jumeirah, with a brief stop to admire the unique Atlantis hotel and the gulf that frames it.
- By then it is lunchtime and we head to the Burj Al Arab hotel, famous across the world for its distinctive sail shape, to enjoy an exquisite meal. In the afternoon, our tour will take us to the Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a shopping centre that recreates the architecture and setting of an old, traditional Middle-Eastern market where we can find a wide selection of pashminas and local arts and crafts. We also have some free time here for some *shopping.
- Happy with our purchases, our last stop takes us to the 18th century Al Fahidi fort, which now houses the Dubai Museum.
What you need to know
- Because of the differences in temperature between the places visited and the air-conditioned vehicles and the temperature outside, we recommend that you wear a light cotton jumper.
- The order of the itinerary may vary.
- Dress code smart casual, shirt with collar, closed shoes (ladies can enter with opened shoes), no trainers, no t-shirt, no blue jeans, no shorts.
- Places are limited, so please reserve early.
- Children under 3 years do not benefit from reserved places at the restaurant.
- This tour is not refundable, even in case of illness or medical condition certified by a medical certificate.
- All guests taking part in this excursion must leave their luggage outside the cabin according to their disembarkation time (check the Diario di Bordo).
- Hand luggage deposit is available on board.
- This excursion is reserved to all the guests who will not disembark in Dubai and to disembarking guests with the flight after 9 pm from International Dubai Airport.