DISCOVERY: SUBMARINE EXPEDITION IN THE MALDIVES AM
A tour for our more adventurous guests who want to explore the beauty of the Maldives seabed aboard a unique submarine. An unmissable opportunity to get a close-up view of the region’s marine flora and fauna, rich in coral as well as yellow-striped king snapper, scorpion fish, yellow boxfish and sea turtles
What we will see
- Malé: transfer by traditional local boat
- Submarine tour down to a depth of 40 metres: tropical coral and fish
What we will do
- Our excursion begins in Malé. From the capital, we board a traditional local boat (a dhoni) for a crossing of approximately 15 minutes to the submarine platform.
- We then board the largest tourist submarine in existence, that has logged more than 3,000 immersions.
- Once on board, we can admire the wonders of the Maldives seabed, going down to a depth of approximately 40 metres.
- During the descent, we make a stop at 25 meters to observe the multicoloured coral and tropical fish in comfort from inside our cool cabin.
- After this extraordinary adventure, we board our dhoni again for our return journey to Malé.
What you need to know
Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early
to avoid disappointment. This excursion does not include the
services of a guide. Your submarine immersion lasts approx. 40
minutes. Minimum height: 90 cm. Minimum age: 4. Flash
photography is not permitted inside the submarine. Transfer from
the ship to the jetty takes approx. 10 minutes by motor boat.
Transfer from the jetty to the submarine takes approx. 15-30
minutes by speedboat or traditional local boat. This excursion is
not recommended for individuals who suffer from sea sickness or
who have mobility problems or back problems.