TROPICAL FLORA AND FAUNA IN THE LANGKAWI GEOPARK
We explore one of the largest Geoparks in the East. It is also one of the most interesting because of its uniqueness and due to the abundance of different animal and plant species.
What we will see
- Langkawi Geopark
What we will do
- We set off from the port of Langkawi for Kilim Jetty where we board small 8 seater fibreglass boats which take us to the geopark.
- We embark on this adventure, equipped with binoculars and cameras, in one of the most spectacular geoparks of the whole Asian continent. The Langkawi Geopark was the first to be founded in the extreme north-west of the Malaysian Peninsula. We visit a fish farm where wooden platforms allow us to walk around between the different tanks to observe the different species of fish.
- As we go along the trail through the Geopark we can see majestic sea eagles eagerly diving into the sea to catch their prey, or clouds of bats enjoying their customary daytime sleep, hanging head down in a rocky cavity formed millions of years ago, which also offers the unique and extraordinary spectacle of a succession of stalactites and stalagmites in a truly unspoiled habitat.
- Before returning to the ship we have a break in one of the many duty free complexes where we can indulge in last minute purchases at very low prices.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide. Information in English will be provided by a local escort during the trip.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Comfortable shoes and sportswear are recommended.
- We recommend that you wear a hat for protection from the sun.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.