PREMIUM - THE BEST OF ABU DHABI, DINNER AT EMIRATES PALACE & THE GRAND MOSQUE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping, Fishing, Meal included
Majestic monuments, towering skyscrapers, museums of historic interest and the exclusive Emirates Palace, where a sumptuous dinner awaits us: Abu Dhabi is a city of a thousand interests, with astounding architecture and a spectacular skyline.
What we will see
- Al Ittihad Square
- Heritage village
- Zayed Cultural Centre
- Emirates Palace Hotel
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- The islands of Yas and Saadiyat
What we will do
- After leaving the port, our excursion to the cosmopolitan capital of the United Arab Emirates will begin with a stop at Al Ittihad Square, whose name means “union” in Arabic, to take photos of the spectacular, white ivory monuments, including a large coffee-pot and an incense burner symbolising the renowned Arab hospitality and its centuries-old tradition.
- Our next stop to take photos will be the Corniche, the spectacular waterfront lined with numerous ultra-modern, glass skyscrapers and elegant residential complexes, which have earned Abu Dhabi the title of “Manhattan of the Persian Gulf”.
- We then come to Heritage Village, which houses a small museum and reconstructed homes which illustrate the day-to-day activities of the local community before oil was discovered in the late ‘50s.
- Then we will visit the "Zayed Cultural Centre" to take a look at the life of the founder sultan of the United Arab Emirates, a man close to his people, who contributed immensely to his nation and to the entire world, known for his fair decisions, generosity and willingness to help the most needy.
- We will be able to visit two additional galleries at the centre, showing the first few days following ADCO’s discovery of oil way back in 1958, and another section dedicated to the Abu Dhabi Police, from its beginnings to the present day.
- The next stage on our tour is the Emirates Palace Hotel, which emanates the charm of Abu Dhabi and where a delicious dinner will be waiting for us.
- We will set off next for the majestic Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the largest mosque in the United Arab Emirates. This will be followed by a sightseeing tour along the bridges linking Abu Dhabi to the mainland, towards Yas Island, famous for its Formula 1 circuit and for the Ferrari World Park. Then we will proceed towards Saadiyat Island, where prestigious museums such as the Guggenheim, the Louvre Abu Dhabi and others will soon be opening their doors.
- After our sightseeing tour is over we will return to the port.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early as only a limited number of places are available.
- Being one of the main attractions of the city, there is the possibility of finding long queues at the entrance.?
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- Due to the marked difference in temperature between the places we visit and our air-conditioned tour vehicles, we recommend taking a light cotton jumper or cardigan.
- Dress code: smart or casual. Men must wear closed shoes (women may wear open shoes) and a collared shirt. No trainers, t-shirts or jeans.
- Clothing that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- The rule for entry to the mosque states that women must cover their heads with a scarf, wear wide, long trousers and long-sleeved outfits. Do not wear shorts, beachwear, sleeveless or tight-fitting garments. Men are advised to wear long trousers and short or long-sleeved shirts and to avoid sleeveless shirts. Lastly, shoes must be removed before entering the mosque. You must comply with the rules or you will not be permitted to enter the mosque.
- The local authorities do not allow photographs to be taken of the tomb of Sheikh Zayed.