KOH SAMUI BETWEEN NATURE AND SPIRITUALITY
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
Let us discover the various souls of Koh Samui, an island with a strong spirituality home to magnificent temples and unspoilt territory surrounded by lush tropical greenery with coconut plantations, fabulous beaches and lively centres where you can enjoy a restaurant lunch or do some shopping.
What we will see
- Wat Phra Yai temple
- Wat Plai Laem temple
- Coconut plantation
- Restaurant buffet lunch
- Free time in Chaweng
What we will do
- Our first stop is the magnificent Buddhist temple of Wat Phra Yai, located on the small islet of Koh Phan, connected to Koh Samui via a tarmacked road.
- Here we can admire the famous imposing Great Golden Buddha, a giant representation of Siddhārtha Gautama sitting in meditation. 12 metres high, it dominates the landscape from a hill inside the temple.
- We will then visit the majestic temple of Wat Plai Laem, home to the evocative statue of Guanyin, Goddess of mercy and compassion, which appears before our eyes as soon as we pass by the lovely lake populated by small fish.
- After this full immersion in Buddhist spirituality, we move towards a coconut plantation to discover how the owner teaches monkeys to harvest the ripest nuts from the palm trees.
- After our visit, we enjoy a delicious buffet lunch in a local restaurant.
- We end our excursion in Chaweng, the largest and best-equipped resort on the island overlooking a long white beach, where we have some free time to go shopping in the countless shops selling local products, clothes and souvenirs along the road skirting the beach.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Comfortable shoes and sportswear are recommended.
- You must remove footwear and wear socks to enter the Temple. Legs and shoulders must be covered.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Do not forget to bring insect repellent with you.