OVERLAND FROM COCHIN TO MUMBAI, VISIT TAJ MAHAL (Single Room)
Sightseeing, Jeep 4-Wheel-Drive ATV, Cultural, Shopping, Meal included
A unique opportunity to spend four days in the heart of the Indian subcontinent, to discover the wonders of this fascinating country. We admire the Mughal and British monuments and buildings as well modern Indian Architecture in Delhi, the magnificent Taj Mahal in Agra, we see the local way of living, the traditional Indian dances and savor the best of local cuisine. Additionally, we stay in some of the most luxurious hotels in India.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour of Kochi
- Agra: Agra Fort, Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Jama Masjid (outside)
- Local dance performance
- Moghlai dinner
- Delhi: Old Delhi, rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk, Rashtrapati Bhavan (outside), India Gate, shopping
- Panoramic tour of Mumbai, Gateway of India
What we will do
- After a panoramic tour of Kochi we travel to New Delhi by plane, where a luxurious hotel awaits us.
- We transfer to Agra by train. Before we reach the Taj Mahal, we visit the 16th century ruins of Agra Fort, a UNESCO world Heritage site, which encircles the Imperial city of the Mogul emperors with 2 km of red sandstone walls.
- At this stage we visit the monument that every tourist in the world should see at least once in their life: the Taj Mahal, universally renowned as a jewel of Islamic art and one of the seven wonders of the modern world.
- We then spend the afternoon in Fatehpur Sikri, the City of Victory, built in the second half of the 16th century at the behest of Emperor Akbar the Great. The city's complex of monuments and temples, all built in the same architectural style, includes one of the most imposing mosques in India, the Jama Masjid.
- The evening has a delightful surprise in store for us: a performance of local dances followed by a Moghlai dinner served at the hotel.
- We leave Agra and head for Delhi by coach. After lunch we enjoy a fascinating visit to old Delhi, which includes a rickshaw ride around Chandni Chowk, the main artery of Old Delhi's historic centre.
- The visit proceeds to the most evocative areas of the city, including the official residence of the President of India Rashtrapati Bhavan, the India Gate.
- At the end of the visit, before returning to the hotel for our last night in Delhi, we will have some free time to do a little shopping.
- We leave Delhi and take a flight to Mumbai, where we will enjoy a panoramic city tour before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This excursion requires a minimum number of participants to operate. In the event of cancellation it is possible to organise private tours.
- In order to take part in this excursion it is necessary to have your passport with you, together with a tourist visa to enter India as required when boarding the vessel.
- During the visit to the Taj Mahal you will be provided with shoe covers to wear over your normal footwear.
- Sharp objects, cigarette lighters, video cameras and large bags are not permitted inside the Taj Mahal.
- Light meals will be served during the flights and train journeys.
- Should it be necessary to pay for the right to use cameras and/or video equipment, this is not included in the price of the excursion and must be paid in local currency (the tour guide can help you if you need to change currency).
- This excursion is conducted mainly on foot, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.