PILLS OF BANGKOK
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
The ideal excursion for those who don’t have much time to visit Bangkok, also known as the “City of Angels”, but who don’t want to give up on admiring its main sights and buildings.
What we will see
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha
- Marble Temple with Carrara marble, lacquered beams and gold
- Buffet lunch
- Photo stop at Maha Jessada Bodin
What we will do
- Our first stop takes us to one of the capital’s most fascinating monuments: the evocative Wat Benchamabopit or Marble Temple.
- The Temple’s main building, commissioned by Rama V in the late 19th century to make up for having demolished two old temples to make room for his palace, is made of Carrara marble, while the interior is decorated with gold and lacquered beams.
- Afterwards we will visit the Temple of the Reclining Buddha , home to the third largest reclining Buddha statue in Thailand.
- After this fascinating visit, time to eat: we therefore head to a local restaurant where we enjoy a delicious buffet lunch.
- We then stop for photos in front of the Maha Jessada Bodin pavilion, which is where the Mayor of Bangkok hands over the keys to the city to illustrious visitors.
- Finally, before returning to the ship, we have some free time to do some shopping.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- You must remove footwear and wear socks to enter the Temple. Legs and shoulders must be covered.?
- Comfortable shoes and dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- The coach transfer from the port to Bangkok takes approximately 2 hours.