PILLS OF BANGKOK
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
The ideal excursion for those who don’t have much time to visit Bangkok, also known as the “City of Angels”, but who don’t want to give up on admiring its main sights and buildings.
What we will see
- Vimanmek Palace
- Marble Temple with Carrara marble, lacquered beams and gold
- Buffet lunch
- Photo stop at Maha Jessada Bodin
- Panoramic view of the Golden Mount temple, fort and Wat Ratchanatdaram
What we will do
- Our first stop takes us to one of the capital’s most fascinating monuments: the Vimanmek Palace, the largest golden teak building in the world and residence of King Rama V between 1901 and 1906. We will also see the evocative Wat Benchamabopit or Marble Temple.
- The Temple’s main building, commissioned by Rama V in the late 19th century to make up for having demolished two old temples to make room for his palace, is made of Carrara marble, while the interior is decorated with gold and lacquered beams.
- After this fascinating visit, time to eat: we therefore head to a local restaurant where we enjoy a delicious buffet lunch.
- We then stop for photos in front of the Maha Jessada Bodin pavilion, which is where the Mayor of Bangkok hands over the keys to the city to illustrious visitors.
- The entire area below is dominated by a panoramic view of the Golden Mount temple, the historic fort with the ancient city walls and the Wat Ratchanatdaram, a Buddhist temple with a pink pyramid named Loha Pradat (pagoda with a metal tip), 36 metres tall and the only one in the world.
- Finally, before returning to the ship, we have some free time to do some shopping.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of English-language guides.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Footwear must be removed and socks must be worn to enter the temples.
- Comfortable shoes and dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- To enter Vinanmek Palace, gentlemen must wear long trousers and short sleeves and ladies should avoid mini skirts and excessively low necklines.
- The coach transfer from the port to Bangkok takes approximately 2 hours.