BANGKOK BY LAND AND SEA
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
An excursion to discover Bangkok's main sights, including temples with towering golden spires, Buddha statues and the amazing architecture of the Grand Palace. Sail along the river crossing the city, relax with a delicious restaurant lunch and end the day with some shopping.
What we will see
- Golden Buddha Temple
- Emerald Buddha Temple
- Grand Palace
- Sailing along the Chao Phraya river
- Buffet lunch
- Free time for shopping
What we will do
- Our excursion to discover Bangkok starts with a visit to the Golden Buddha Temple, home to a fantastic solid gold statue representing Buddha weighing over 5.5 tons.
- We cross the lively Chinatown and evocative flower market and reach the Emerald Buddha Temple, known to the locals as Wat Phra Kaew. We admire its exceptional architecture and frescoes as well as the numerous stupas (typical religious monuments).
- Inside the temple, we admire the green jade Buddha in the temple’s main hall.
- Inside the 1,900 metres of walls that surround the complex, we can also observe the Grand Palace, commissioned in 1782 when King Rama I decided to move the capital from Thonburi to Bangkok.
- We then move towards the nearby jetty, from where we set sail on a thrilling trip along the Chao Phraya river (the River of Kings) - a fascinating cruise that enables us to admire city life on both banks.
- Once back on dry land, we enjoy a buffet lunch with international dishes in a local restaurant.
- Before returning to the ship, we have some free time to look around for some souvenirs, Thai silks, semi-precious stones, artefacts and other local products.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of English-language guides.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Footwear must be removed and socks must be worn to enter the temples.
- Comfortable shoes and dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- The coach journey to Bangkok lasts about 2 hours.