Fujiarah Khor Fakkan
JEEP DESERT AND WADI SAFARI
Nature excursion, Entertainment, Packed lunch
A thrilling jeep tour, to explore the enchanting desert landscape and broad wadi valleys of the United Arab Emirates .
What we will see
- Jeep Tour
- The oasis of Wadi Shawkah
- Fossil Rock
- Camel Rock
What we will do
Our adventure begins as we make our way along the winding road that takes us into the Hajar Mountains as far as Masafi, from where we travel through diverse desert and wadi landscapes to reach the oasis of Wadi Shawkah. We make a brief stop to deflate our jeep's tyres and we then head into the desert, climbing up and down the towering dunes.
- Our journey continues through this rugged desert and mountain area, with shimmering red sand dunes, until we reach Fossil Rock (Jebel Maleihah) a rocky outcrop studded with 80 million-year-old fossils.
- The next leg of our journey takes us to Camel Rock, a curiously shaped outcrop that recalls the head of a camel emerging from the sand.
- Before heading back to the port, we enjoy a tasty picnic.
What you need to know
- Due to the marked variations in temperature between the sites visited on this excursion and the air-conditioned vehicles, we recommend you bring a light, cotton pullover.
- This excursion includes around 5 hours drive by jeep on paved roads.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems and pregnant women.
- Sections of this excursion involve walking in the desert. Therefore, we recommend wearing comfortable clothing and suitable shoes.
- This excursion does not include the services of a guide. A local guide will provide general information in English.
- Minimum age: 4.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- Jeep seating capacity: 6 passengers.