TOP EXPERIENCE: BACKWATERS CRUISE - FULL DAY
Sightseeing, Meal included
An unmissable opportunity to discover the natural beauty of the backwaters of Kerala in total comfort, sailing peacefully along the glistening canals with abundant tropical vegetation and observing the rural customs of Kerala.
What we will see
- Cruise on the backwaters
- Tropical vegetation
- Activities of the village residents
- Typical lunch
What we will do
- From Kochi we take the coach towards Alappuzha, previously known as Alleppey, making a brief stop on the way.
- We arrive in Alappuzha, situated in a dense network of leafy tropical canals, and board the boat for an idyllic journey along the so-called backwaters, rivers, lakes and canals that connect the coast to the southern interior part of Kochi. For centuries these canals have been a secure, efficient mode of transport for goods and people moving from the interior to the coastal towns.
- We enjoy a delicious welcome drink and, in the comfort of our boat, we will sail along the glistening canals with abundant tropical vegetation, admiring the majestic forests, lagoons and the outskirts of the city dotted with palm trees.
- We also see the village residents bathing and washing their clothes, and the livestock on the riverbank.
- Having feasted our eyes on so much beauty, we will now also indulge our palates with a typical lunch served on board, before returning to the ship by coach.
What you need to know
- The coach transfer from Kochi to Alappuzha will take around an hour and a half.
- The cruise will last approximately 4 hours.
The excursion duration may vary depending on traffic conditions.
The boats are not air conditioned.
The boats' capacity can vary according to availability and the number of bookings.
The lunch consists of typical Indian dishes with spices.